Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
76 user(s) are online (5 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 2
Guests: 74

BSalaam, flockhair0, more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 5 »

Outlet Mall coming to Traverse Mountain
Webmaster
From Hunter Chase
Traverse Mountain will be hosting an Open House this Wednesday, August 22,at 6:30 PM. It will be at a tent that will be near the Information/Sales Office. Is there any speculation as to what might be announced? Personally, I'm hoping for a Cheesecake Factory, but I really doubt that they have gotten to the point where they have identified the tenants of whatever will be built. I'm anxious to see what will be presented.

Here's the official announcement from the www.tmma.org website:

Posted on: 2007/8/20 19:21
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: New Retail Development at Traverse Mountain
Just popping in
Saw the tents up this morning...

I speculate they're bringing in another Maverick. Have you seen the traffic at the current one?!?

I didn't notice... has the Forest City sign been pulled yet?

sigh...

Posted on: 2007/8/22 9:17

Webmaster
From Hunter Chase
The announcement is that Traverse Mountain is getting a 550,000 square foot Outlet Mall. The development will be called The Fashion Outlets at Traverse Mountain. So far, the only information I've found online is from the Daily Herald article. I plan on stopping by later to get more information.

The development will be designed by Field Paoli and managed by Craig Realty Group. The designer (Field Paoli) lists Victoria Gardens and the Shops & Villages at Riverwoods as previous projects. The management company (Craig Realty) manages several outlet stores in 6 different states.

Posted on: 2007/8/22 15:03

Just popping in
Roger do you know where in relation to Cabela's this new Outlet Mall will go?

Posted on: 2007/8/22 16:58

Webmaster
From Hunter Chase
It will be directly southeast of it. I'll work on getting the map updated with its location.

[edit] It is now shown on the map page.

Posted on: 2007/8/22 19:27

Re: Outlet Mall coming to Traverse Mountain
Just popping in
I attended the little get-together myself and saw the proposed plan. While I'm probably in the minority on not caring so much what kind of retail they put in, but just to see SOMEthing happening, I do question TMMA's hype. It seems that every project is always promoted in terms of how many people will be drawn to these projects, and the more people the better. I wonder if it's intentional that they create one-of-a-kind draws in order to promote their real estate for free?

After visiting the Park City Outlet stores last weekend, I'd much rather see something less popular (the "high end retail") that would bring less congestion to the mountain. To get from the freeway to the Outlet stores took me a good 10 minutes and I found myself thinking - do the people that live behind here have to do this everyday?

My hopes are that the city and TMMA will work together to make sure that traffic concerns are properly planned for so no matter when or what retail gets installed, I can still access my house quickly and the neighborhood won't be filled with non-residents.

Posted on: 2007/8/23 12:49

Webmaster
From Hunter Chase
The initial prospects of the outlet mall seem very promising. I've heard that the response to the first batch of press kits that were sent out has been very positive. However, it will still be a while before lease contracts are firm and tenants can be officially announced.

I am glad to see that the Traverse Mountain location is represented on the Craig Realty Group website. They also have a leasing brochure posted there that has the site plan map on it. I'm glad to see restaurant space on the plan as that is desperately needed for our area. I just hope that the restaurant space ends up being something nicer than a McDonalds as is common at many outlet malls.

Posted on: 2007/9/3 13:43

Quite a regular
I dont see the restraunt spacing being any better then McDonalds. It is an outlet mall, which means its going to be ok goods for a good price, with maybe one or two great stores. Sad, what happened to the Gateway styled mall? Then again what happened to a lot of the things I initially read and heard about. EH, oh well.

Posted on: 2007/10/7 17:21

Quite a regular
I noticed recently that all the signs and flags for the outlets have disappeared. I'm hoping it is just because of the name change and they are replacing them with updated info, but does anyone know anything new? I know Gordon used to read this and reply but without him around I wonder if anyone has any info to share.

Maybe we just get to enjoy the open space for longer than expected...

Posted on: 2009/4/21 12:31

Quite a regular
From Country Run
New CEO... updated info on the Retail.... This is good indication that Ted is getting some things moving. I am optimistic. I am curious about the time lines of ground breaking.

Posted on: 2009/4/22 10:11

(1) 2 3 4 5 »